- Book introductions to the 66 books.
- Center-column Cross References, for “deeper study of themes or concepts.”
- Study Notes, over 20,000 of them, for “background and context to the Scripture.” *
- In-text Maps, Charts, Diagrams, and Illustrations to “explain important information and ideas from Scripture.”
- The Topical Index with over 700 entries to allow readers to create their own study paths.
- Color maps at the back, 14 of them.
- The NIV Concordance, 35,000 references, “the largest ever bound with an English Bible.”
Nothing has been said so far about Zondervan, the publishing house greatly enriched by the success of the NIV and the NIV Study Bible. The NIV is by far the best-selling Bible in the English-speaking world, and apparently the NIV Study Bible—now 25 years old—is the best-selling study bible. However great their rewards, they have consistently turned out a quality product and served their public very well.